Sharing allows others to access folders in your account. You can share email folders, address books, calendars, briefcase folders, and task lists. You determine the items to be shared and the level of access. You can offer someone sharing, and they can accept or reject it.
The "Shared" page in the "Settings" section is used to manage shared objects. This page displays folders you have shared and folders that have been shared with you.
To share a folder:
Note: Sharing does not apply to Trash and Spam folders.
- Right-click on the folder you want to share.
- Click the "Share This Folder" link.
- In the "Sharing Profile Properties" dialog box, choose whether you want to share with internal users, external users, or public access.
- Perform the following actions based on the user category you selected:
- For Internal Users or Groups, enter the email addresses of the users. In the Role area, select the access rights.
- For External Guests, enter the email addresses of the users. An email will be sent to the external guests with a link to participate. They create a display name and password when they first access the shared folder.
- For Open, enter the URL you want to use.
- In the Message area, specify the type of message you want to send to users who are granted access. This message can be sent to both internal users and external guests. Note: If you choose Public, you must provide the URL to the users.
- Click OK.
If the user accepts the folder sharing offer, a copy of the folder will appear in their account.
External users can access shared items by logging into an external ZWC account that is created after accepting the sharing. Only shared items available to external users will be visible in the external account.