To configure automatic replies or out-of-office messages, you need to log in to your mailbox via the web (more information can be found here).
You can create a message that will be automatically sent in response to messages from users when you're out of the office.
If you want to send a different message in response to emails from users outside your domain, you can create a separate reply message.
The automatic reply is sent to each recipient only once within a specified number of days, regardless of how many messages that person has sent you during that period. The default period is seven days, but the administrator can change this value.
Here are the steps to set up automatic replies:
- Go to the settings.
- In the settings, select "Out of Office Notifications."
- Check the "Send Automatic Reply" checkbox.
- In the "Automatic Reply" text field, enter the reply message that will be sent when you're out of the office.
- If you want this message to be sent within a specific timeframe, check the "Send automatic replies during the following period" checkbox and enter the start and end dates for sending automatic replies.
If you don't specify a period, automatic replies will be sent until you select the "Do not send automatic replies" option.
- (Optional) If you want to send a different message to users outside your domain, select the "External Senders" option.
Choose the type of external users who will receive the second message. By default, it includes all users outside your domain. If you want the first message to be received by contacts from your address book, select any user from outside my domain, except those added to the address book from the drop-down menu.
- Click the "Save" button.
These are the steps to configure automatic replies in the webmail panel.